in the right place at the right time
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) At a location where something good is about to happen at just the time of its occurrence; lucky; fortunate; able to obtain a benefit due to circumstances, rather than due to merit.
2011 October 2, Jonathan Jurejko, “Bolton 1 - 5 Chelsea”, BBC Sport:
- And the Premier League's all-time top-goalscoring midfielder proved he has not lost the knack of being in the right place at the right time with a trio of clinical finishes.
- 2007, Larry G. Patten, Living As A Champion, p. 251:
- Many of us have looked at others success and commented, "That person was just in the right place at the right time!"
- 2003, Graham Till, The Redundancy Survivor's Field Guide, p. 6:
- Knowing the right person or merely being in the right place at the right time continues to be the best way of getting a job.