Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
incoming (not comparable)
- Coming (or about to come) in.
2013 July-August, Fenella Saunders, “Tiny Lenses See the Big Picture”, in American Scientist:
- The single-imaging optic of the mammalian eye offers some distinct visual advantages. Such lenses can take in photons from a wide range of angles, increasing light sensitivity. They also have high spatial resolution, resolving incoming images in minute detail.
- Incoming tides cause a tidal bore in many rivers.
- Succeeding to an office.
- The incoming prime minister gave a press conference.
incoming (plural incomings)
- The act of coming in; arrival
- (military) a warning that something is coming towards you; especially enemy artillery fire