Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Difficult or impossible to comprehend, fathom, or interpret.
- His inscrutable theories would years later become the foundation of a whole new science.
- 2007, Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan), 30 Rock:
- She called my vanity license plate inscrutable! 'ICU81MI'? Hilarious!
- (difficult to comprehend): ineffable
difficult or impossible to comprehend, fathom or interpret
inscrutable (plural inscrutables)
- One who or that which is inscrutable; a person, etc. that cannot be comprehended.