Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: impénétrable
impenetrable (not comparable)
- Not penetrable.
- The fortress is impenetrable, so it cannot be taken.
- 2012, John Branch, “Snow Fall : The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek”, in New York Time:
- The avalanche spread and stopped, locking everything it carried into an icy cocoon. It was now a jagged, virtually impenetrable pile of ice, longer than a football field and nearly as wide.
- (figuratively) Incomprehensible; fathomless; inscrutable.
- Business jargon makes this document impenetrable, I can't understand it.
- Opaque; obscure; not translucent or transparent.
- When night falls, she cloaks the world in impenetrable darkness.
- (not penetrable): penetrable, pregnable, fathomable
- (incomprehensible): See also Thesaurus:comprehensible
impenetrable (plural impenetrables)