Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˌvɑlənˈtɛɹɪli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɒləntɹɪli/
- Hyphenation: in‧vol‧un‧ta‧ri‧ly
- In an involuntary manner; done without conscious thought.
- Her leg twitched involuntarily.
- He involuntarily overheard the conversation.
- 1837, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Ethel Churchill, volume 2, page 283:
- His eyes filled with tears, as he took up the glittering lengths. Their pale gold was lovely as ever; but there was something in the touch from which he involuntarily recoiled.
in an involuntary manner