Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɑlvd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɒlvd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: in‧volved
- He related an involved story about every ancestor since 1895.
- Associated with others, be a participant or make someone be a participant (in a crime, process, etc.)
- He was involved in the project for three years.
- He got involved in a bar fight.
- When the family wrapped up my father's will, no one tried to make me feel involved.
- Having an affair with someone.
complicated — see complicated
associated with others, be or be made a participant
- simple past tense and past participle of
- The explanation involved potatoes, squirrels, and race cars.