Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɑlvd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɒlvd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: in‧volved
- He related an involved story about every ancestor since 1895.
- 2019 November 21, Samanth Subramanian, “How our home delivery habit reshaped the world”, in The Guardian:
- E-commerce has turned even the laying of a floor into a fiendishly involved business.
- 1915, W. Somerset Maugham, Of Human Bondage, ch. 43
- Miss Price told him a long, involved story, which made out that Mrs. Otter, a humdrum and respectable little person, had scabrous intrigues.
- Associated with others, be a participant or make someone be a participant (in a crime, process, etc.)
- He was involved in the project for three years.
- He got involved in a bar fight.
- When the family wrapped up my father's will, no one tried to make me feel involved.
- Having an affair with someone.
complicated — see complicated
associated with others, be or be made a participant
- simple past tense and past participle of
- The explanation involved potatoes, squirrels, and race cars.