Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To whine or complain, often needlessly and incessantly.
- 1969, Philip Roth, Portnoy’s Complaint:
- Is this truth I’m delivering up, or is it just plain kvetching? Or is kvetching for people like me a form of truth?
- 2001, Glen David Gold, Carter Beats the Devil:
- Make a commitment, Charlie. Go with life or go with death, but quit the kvetching. Don’t keep us all in suspense.
- kvetcher (noun)
whine or complain, often needlessly and incessantly
kvetch (plural kvetches)
- A person who endlessly whines or complains; a person who finds fault with anything.
- An instance of kvetching; a complaint or whine.
person who endlessly whines or complains