Jump to navigation Jump to search
lectin (plural lectins)
- (biochemistry) Any of a class of proteins that bind specific carbohydrates.
- 1999, Matt Ridley, Genome, Harper Perennial, published 2004, page 252:
- The result proved less about the safety of genetic engineering than it did about the safety of lectins – known animal poisons.
- 2018, Stanley Adamson, Lectin Free Handbook: The Essential Guide To The Lectin Diet Plus A 7-Day Lectin Avoidance Meal Plan And Recipes, PublishDrive
- Soybeans are another excellent source of plant proteins but they are also on the list of high lectin foods. They are very important to vegans and vegetarians as they make it easy for them to get adequate proteins in their diet.
- lectin affinity chromatography