little boys' room
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Originally from the need to find public lavatories for children, but subsequently used more broadly.
- (euphemistic, informal) Synonym of : a public lavatory intended for use by men.
- Excuse me, where is the little boys' room? My son is about to burst a bladder.
- 1934 August 18, Liberty, page 40:
- He accidentally locked himself in the ca—in the little boys' room.
- 1938 November 25, Princeton Alumni Weekly, page 209:
- A room belonging to or used by little boys, particularly their bedroom.
- "little boy, n. and adj." in the Oxford English Dictionary (2014), Oxford: Oxford University Press.