- To separate (a substance) into soluble and insoluble components through percolation; to leach.
- 1997, Thomas Pynchon, Mason & Dixon:
- the Slaves are out in the Storm, doing their Owners’ Laundry, observing and reading each occurrence of Blood, Semen, Excrement, Saliva, Urine, Sweat, Road-Mud, dead Skin, and other such Data of Biography, whose pure form they practice Daily, before all is lixiviated ’neath Heaven.
- Of or relating to lye or lixivium; of the quality of alkaline salts.
- Impregnated with salts from wood ashes.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Boyle to this entry?)
lixiviate (plural lixiviates)