loading (plural loadings)
- (uncountable) The action of the verb to load.
- The loading of hazardous cargoes is not permitted.
- (countable) A load, especially in the engineering and electrical engineering senses of force exerted, or electrical current or power supplied.
- I need to recheck the loadings on the external walls.
- The loading on the generators peaks during the early evening.
- (Australia, industrial relations, countable) A hourly pay rate given to a casual employee which is higher than an equivalent full-time or part-time employee, usually paid to compensate for a lack of benefits such as sick leave or annual leave.