Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Persisting for an extended period of time.
- After World War One it was hoped that a lasting peace had been achieved. It hadn't.
2012 April 29, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Treehouse of Horror III” (season 4, episode 5; originally aired 10/29/1992)”:
- Though they obviously realized that these episodes were part of something wonderful and important and lasting, the writers and producers couldn’t have imagined that 20 years later “Treehouse Of Horror” wouldn’t just survive; it’d thrive as one of the most talked-about and watched episodes of every season of The Simpsons.
persisting for an extended period of time
lasting (plural lastings)
- continuance; endurance
- (Can we find and add a quotation of John Locke to this entry?)
- A durable woollen material formerly used for women's shoes; everlasting.
- The act or process of shaping on a last.