Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Being lorn by love; having constant bad luck in romance; desperate for love.
- Unloved, bereft of love.
- Synonym: loveless
unloved, bereft of love
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
lovelorn (plural lovelorns)
- A person who is lovelorn.
- 1984, Geneviève Bujold as Nancy, Choose Me, written by Alan Rudolph:
- And when there's a price involved, she can help others but - not herself. She gives advice to the lovelorn every day but she's never been in love herself. Or so I've heard.