Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Emitting light; glowing brightly.
- 1834, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Francesca Carrara, volume 3, page 21:
- The moon, which had been slowly ascending, now shone through an open space between the trees; and the rippling waters of the brook gave back her light in luminous vibrations.
- 1924, Herman Melville, Billy Budd, London: Constable & Co., Chapter 11, 
- The bonfire in his heart made luminous the rose-tan in his cheek.
- Brightly illuminated.
emitting light; glowing brightly
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.