Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: made up
- Invented or fabricated.
- He told me a made-up version of the events, but I demanded the truth.
- Changed by the application of cosmetics; wearing make-up.
- a freshly made-up clown
- 2021 February 6, The Courier-Mail, page 4, column 1:
- A man at the complex said he had seen the often heavily made-up girls coming and going in luxury vehicles.
- Arranged or put together.
- The newly made-up front page had to be changed as the last-minute news arrived.
- (Britain, regional) Delighted, pleased, thrilled.
- I was made up when the local team won.
changed by cosmetics
arranged or put together