make it rain
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic) to bring prosperity or work to an enterprise by selling, inventing or other productive or successful activity
- It's time to make it rain, my friend!
- (idiomatic) to throw a substantial amount of paper money so that it falls on a crowd, audience, performer, or group of performers, often as a way to show off one's wealth
- John has a propensity to make it rain at parties when he is drunk.
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see make, it, rain.
- I asked higher powers to make it rain to save our crops.