mamelon (plural mamelons)
- A hillock; a rounded elevation or protuberance.
- (paleontology) A structure resembling a small bump found on the outer surface of stromatoporoids.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for mamelon in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
mamelon m (plural mamelons)
- (anatomy) nipple
- (plumbing) nipple (short threaded connecting tube)
- (geography) hillock, knoll (rounded elevation or protuberance)
- “mamelon” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
mamelon n (plural mameloane)