master of ceremonies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Someone who acts as a host at a formal event.
- Someone who conducts a programme of varied entertainment, for example by introducing performers to the audience.
- 1897 December (indicated as 1898), Winston Churchill, chapter V, in The Celebrity: An Episode, New York, N.Y.: The Macmillan Company; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., →OCLC:
- In the eyes of Mr. Farquhar Fenelon Cooke the apotheosis of the Celebrity was complete. The people of Asquith were not only willing to attend the house-warming, but had been worked up to the pitch of eagerness. The Celebrity as a matter of course was master of ceremonies.
- (rap music) A rapper.
host at a formal event
someone who conducts a program by introducing performers
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.