Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: match stick
matchstick (plural matchsticks)
- A small, slender piece of wood or cardboard serving as a component of a match.
- The end of the matchstick is dipped in a sulfurous compound to turn it into a complete match.
- Any similarly small and thin pieces; frequently used in the plural.
- The explosion blew the powder shed to matchsticks.
piece of wood
similar small and thin piece
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked