Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of, relating to, or containing meat.
- Resembling meat in flavour, etc.
- This tastes rather meaty. Are you sure it's vegetarian?
- 1946, George Johnston, Skyscrapers in the Mist, page 121:
- "He's a foreign-looking guy with thinnish black hair and a meaty sort of pan."
- Of a person or a body part, large and solid.
- I got a nice, meaty bonus.
- He scored a meaty role in the film, with plenty of action and dialogue.
- (of, relating to, or containing meat):
- (resembling meat in flavour, etc): fleshy
- (of a person or body part): bulky, chunky, muscular, solid, stocky
- (substantial): substantial
of, relating to, or containing meat
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.