Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌmɪ.fɛˈpɹɪ.stəʊn/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌmɪf.əˈpɹɪˌstoʊn/
- (pharmacology) A steroid pharmaceutical (trademark RU-486) that inhibits the action of progesterone given orally in early pregnancy to induce abortion, or as an emergency contraceptive.
- -pris- (“steroid compound acting on progesterone receptors”)
- “mifepristone”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- “mifepristone”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.
mifepristone m (plural mifepristoni)