Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Minster
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmɪnstə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈmɪnstɚ/
- Hyphenation: min‧ster
minster (plural minsters)
- A monastic church.
- 2014 July 20, Jane Gardam, “Give us a bishop in high heels [print version: “Give us a high-heeled bishop”, International New York Times, 22 July 2014, page 11]”, in The New York Times, archived from the original on 21 July 2014:
- [F]urther south in Kent, there was St. Mildred, whose mother, in 670, founded the minster that still stands there in good nick, with nine nuns who are an ever-present help in trouble to all religions and none.
- A cathedral church without any monastic connection.
Not to be confused with minister.
a monastic church