Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /məˈnɑtəni/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /məˈnɒtəni/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: mo‧not‧o‧ny
monotony (plural monotonies)
- Tedium as a result of repetition or a lack of variety.
- 1907, Arthur Conan Doyle, chapter 1, in Through the Magic Door:
- Yet second-hand romance and second-hand emotion are surely better than the dull, soul-killing monotony which life brings to most of the human race.
- (mathematics) The property of a monotonic function.
- The quality of having an unvarying tone or pitch.
property of mathematical function
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked