Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Mullah
mullah (plural mullahs)
- (Islam) A religious scholar and teacher of sharia law.
- (India, religious slur, slang) A conservative Muslim leader or cleric, especially one who is hostile against other religions.
- (India, religious slur, slang, by extension) A Muslim.
a Muslim religious scholar and teacher
- (transitive, UK, slang) Alternative form of
- 2009, Nigel Benn, The Dark Destroyer:
- But I mullahed him. He may have been four inches taller but I punched him through the ropes and knocked the granny and the grandad out of him.
- 2016, Ben Cohen, Carry Me Home: My Autobiography, page 76:
- The Sevens practice session was touch rugby, but every time Harvey got the ball, I absolutely mullahed him. I pushed him, dumped him on his arse, ran through him. Every time.
- mullah (islamic scholar)
|Inflection of mullah (Kotus type 6/paperi, no gradation)|
|comitative||See the possessive forms below.|
mullah m (plural mullahs)
- Alternative spelling of