- Rhymes: -ʌʃi
- Rhymes: -ʊʃi
- Resembling or having the consistency of mush; semiliquid, pasty, or granular.
- I don't especially like mushy oatmeal.
- Soft; squishy.
- The brake pedal is mushy sometimes when I step on it.
- Overly sappy, corny, or cheesy; maudlin.
- Skip the mushy, romantic scenes and get to the action.
- 1948, The American Magazine (volume 145, page 122)
- I am sure the hostess will leave off her list men and women who usually drink too much, the woman who gets mushy and tries to steal all the handsomest husbands, the man who offensively would take this opportunity to try to build up sales contacts, […]
resembling or having the consistency of mush; semi-liquid, pasty, or granular