Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Deserving attention; notable; worthy of notice.
- Zukertort represent the other most noteworthy tournaments.
- 2014, Daniel Taylor, England and Wayne Rooney see off Scotland in their own back yard (in The Guardian, 18 November 2014)
- Yet Hodgson’s men played with wonderful control. Their young full-backs, Luke Shaw and Nathaniel Clyne, epitomised their composure and Fraser Forster had to make only one noteworthy save before Andy Robertson’s goal, seven minutes from the end of time, temporarily threatened a winning position.
worthy of attention
noteworthy (plural noteworthies)
- A noteworthy person.
2009 August 19, Phoebe Eaton, “Charles Finch: The Cannes-Do Guy”, in New York Times:
- One of the French Riviera’s most reliable characters is Charles Finch, a month-of-May migrant worker who jets in for the Cannes Film Festival, bunking up at the stately Hôtel du Cap with the show folk and other noteworthies who come primed to toast their outrageous fortune here with $40 Bellinis.