- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɑbstɪnəsi/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɒbstɪnəsi/
Audio (US) (file)
- The state, or an act, of stubbornness or doggedness.
- But whenever obstinacy, which is an open defiance, appears, that cannot be winked at, or neglected, but must, in the first instance, be subdued and mastered; only care must be had, that we mistake not ; and we must be sure it is obstinacy, and nothing else.
- He finished only through a mixture of determined obstinacy and ingenuity.
state of stubbornness