Jump to navigation Jump to search
oligarch (plural oligarchs)
- A member of an oligarchy; someone who is part of a small group that runs a country.
- (especially Russia, USA, Europe, or China) A very rich person, particularly with political power; a plutocrat.
- (cosmogony) A protoplanet formed during oligarchic accretion.
a member of an oligarchy
very rich person
- An oligarch (member of an oligarchy). [from late 18th c.]
- A plutocrat, an oligarch, especially in relation to the former Eastern Bloc. [from late 20th c.]
- Synonym: plutocraat