on one's feet
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Standing up.
- (idiomatic) Able to stand; hence, healthy, well, especially after some previous illness.
- Welcome back! It's good to see you back on your feet.(Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (idiomatic) In a satisfactory (non-physical) condition; happy financially, emotionally etc.
- The organization provides training and assistance to help the unemployed get back on their feet.
- It took some time for the lady to get back on her feet after the death of her husband.
in satisfactory condition
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked