on top of
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Very close to, in any orientation or in time.
- Living on top of one another in a refugee camp is stressful.
- At peak times, a telephone operator must handle a number of calls, one on top of the next.
- (idiomatic) In addition to something else.
- . . . and on top of all that, I got a puncture!
- (idiomatic) Fully informed about, and in control of something; up to speed with.
- I have sorted out the problems and am now on top of the situation.
atop — see atop