otakukin (plural otakukin)
- (Internet, sometimes capitalized) A person who claims or believes that their soul is a reincarnation or parallel incarnation of a fictional character (especially, from anime, manga, or video games).
- 2006, Cypher, “Considering Snuhwolf”, in alt.horror.werewolves, Usenet:
- The definition of entertainingly nutty would be otakukin.
- 2007, Juan Valdez, “Ping Juan Valdez”, in alt.recovery.aa, Usenet:
- I pointed out that you telling me that Otakukin are insane made as much sense as belief in God. Both are things taken on faith, you see?