overmatch (plural overmatches)
- A match in which one opponent is greatly superior to the other.
- An opponent who is more than a match for another; one who cannot be defeated.
- To match more than intended.
- The regular expression overmatched, capturing the entire paragraph instead of the specific sentence.
- To be more than equal to or a match for; hence, to vanquish.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Drayton to this entry?)
- To marry to a superior.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Burton to this entry?)