Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
packing (plural packings)
- The action of the verb.
- As a concrete noun.
- Material used to fill in the space around something, especially to make a piston etc. watertight or airtight.
- Material used to wrap a product for sale etc.; packaging.
- A fee charged to cover the costs of packaging.
- Special material used to fill containers or vessels for certain chemically related applications.
- Examples: Packing in a packed bed, or a column such as a distillation column or a chromatography column