Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To add something extra to something to make it appear more substantial.
- Some students pad out their essays by adding a whole lot of quotes from random sources.
- Have you heard about girls padding out their bras to make their breasts look bigger?
- (idiomatic, slang) To sleep or go to bed.
- Because of my job I usually pad out just before nine o'clock.
- My housemate was very annoyed to find my friends padded out on the lounge room floor this morning.