See also: Paparazzo
- A freelance photographer who sells photographs of celebrities to the media, especially one who pursues celebrities and attempts to obtain candid photographs.
2005 April 30, Peter Aspden, “The Revolver”, in FT magazine, number № 103 (election special), page 46:
- You may decide to shove the lens down the throat of your aggressor, in the style of an aggrieved celebrity seeking primal redress against a mischievous paparazzo; but then again, most ecstatic rituals are pacific in intent and you may find such violence inappropriate.
- The singular paparazzo is much less common than its plural paparazzi, to the extent that paparazzi is often used as a plurale tantum, and sometimes, non-standardly, even used as a singular noun.
- paparazzi (see there for further derivations)
- paparazza (feminine)
freelance photographer of celebrities
Borrowed from Italian.
paparazzo m (plural paparazzi)
- paparazzo (freelance photographer of celebrities)