Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Paparazzo
- A freelance photographer who sells photographs of celebrities to the media, especially one who pursues celebrities and attempts to obtain candid photographs.
- 2005 April 30, Peter Aspden, “The Revolver”, in FT magazine, number № 103 (election special), page 46:
- You may decide to shove the lens down the throat of your aggressor, in the style of an aggrieved celebrity seeking primal redress against a mischievous paparazzo; but then again, most ecstatic rituals are pacific in intent and you may find such violence inappropriate.
- The singular paparazzo is much less common than its plural paparazzi, to the extent that paparazzi is often used as a plurale tantum, and sometimes, non-standardly, even used as a singular noun.
- paparazzi (see there for further derivations)
- paparazza (feminine)
freelance photographer of celebrities
Borrowed from Italian.
paparazzo m (plural paparazzi)
- paparazzo (freelance photographer of celebrities)