Jump to navigation Jump to search
- paralyse (mostly British)
- (transitive) To afflict with paralysis.
- (transitive) To render unable to move; to immobilize.
- 2006, The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society, “Harley Got Devoured by the Undead”, in An Even Scarier Solstice:
- So I stood alone in horror / Paralyzed with fear and dread / When a voice dead and inhuman / Whispered to me "go, you fool, Warren's dead!"
- (transitive) To render unable to function properly.
- The transport strike paralyzed the city.
to afflict with paralysis