Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (nautical) Robbery at sea, a violation of international law; taking a ship away from the control of those who are legally entitled to it.
- How shoud the international community respond to Somali piracy?
- A similar violation of international law, such as hijacking of an aircraft.
- The unauthorized duplication of goods protected by intellectual property law.
- Some video game consoles use specially designed cartridges to make software piracy more difficult.
- The operation of an unlicensed radio or television station.
- (robbery at sea): buccaneerism
- (breaking intellectual property law by making unauthorized copies): bootlegging, file sharing
robbery at sea