Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (slang, criminology, neologism) A criminal who steals a delivered package from a porch.
- 2018, Uncle John's Actual and Factual Bathroom Reader, page 271:
- After Bohlan's home security system recorded a porch pirate stealing packages from his doorstep, he reported the theft to the police department...and volunteered his own doorstep as a place where police could leave "bait" packages to catch porch pirates.
- 2019 November 1, Lauren Smiley, “The Porch Pirate of Potrero Hill Can’t Believe It Came to This”, in The Atlantic:
- Sean O'Shea (March 26, 2018), “Porch pirates: Your home delivery may be stolen”, in Global News