Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Porch
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pɔːtʃ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /pɔɹtʃ/
- (rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /po(ː)ɹtʃ/
- (non-rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /poətʃ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)tʃ
porch (plural porches)
- (architecture) A covered and enclosed entrance to a building, whether taken from the interior, and forming a sort of vestibule within the main wall, or projecting without and with a separate roof.
- A portico; a covered walk.
- see Wikisaurus:porch
a covered and enclosed entrance to a building
a portico; a covered walk.