Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To serve as a warning or omen of.
- (transitive) To signify; to denote.
- Let it be known that the Rapture portends the End of Days.
- 2012 June 26, Genevieve Koski, “Music: Reviews: Justin Bieber: Believe”, in The Onion AV Club:
- When the staccato, Neptunes-ian single “Boyfriend” was released in March, musical prognosticators were quick to peg the album it portended, Believe, as Justin Bieber’s Justified, a grown-and-sexy, R&B-centric departure that evolved millennial teenybopper Justin Timberlake into one of the unifying pop-music figures of the aughts.
to serve as a warning or omen