Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪˈnəʊt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪˈnoʊt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊt
- (transitive) To indicate; to mark.
- The yellow blazes denote the trail.
- 1951 January, “The Why and the Wherefore: Locomotive Markings”, in Railway Magazine, page 73:
- The letters "SC" inscribed on the smokebox door of a locomotive denote that it is fitted with a self-cleaning smokebox.
- (transitive) To make overt. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (transitive) To refer to literally; to convey as meaning.
to indicate, mark
to make overt
to convey as meaning
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked