Jump to navigation Jump to search
preview (plural previews)
- An experience of something in advance.
- Synonym: foretaste
- 2013 June 7, David Simpson, “Fantasy of navigation”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 36:
- It is tempting to speculate about the incentives or compulsions that might explain why anyone would take to the skies in [the] basket [of a balloon]: perhaps out of a desire to escape the gravity of this world or to get a preview of the next; […].
- (colloquial) An advance showing of a film, exhibition etc.
- Something seen in advance. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (computing) a facility for seeing and checking a document, or changes to it, before saving and/or printing it.
foretaste of something
advance showing of a film, exhibition etc.
something seen in advance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
to show something in advance