pull the plug
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) to unplug or cut power
- Shut off the machine and pull the plug.
- He put an end to the loud music by pulling the plug.
- (intransitive, idiomatic) to cease to support; to halt
- It's a wonder the director didn't pull the plug on that project months ago.
- (intransitive) to cease or turn off life support
- (intransitive, idiomatic) to cease from production or publication.
disconnect from a supply — see unplug
unplug, cut power