Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having a punch; effective; forceful; spirited; vigorous.
- Synonym: catchy
- Behaving or appearing punch drunk.
- (figurative, of a person) Being over-reactive to routine events.
- I was so sleep deprived I was starting to get punchy.
- (skiing) A term used by Nordic skiers (especially skate skiers) to describe groomed snow that does not support the weight of a skier, especially when the skier’s weight is all on one ski, resulting in a ski punching through the surface of the snow.
- (dated) short and thick; fat; paunchy