Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Instantly appealing and memorable (of a tune or phrase).
- 2012 June 3, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Mr. Plow” (season 4, episode 9; originally aired 11/19/1992)”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- The best of friends become the worst of enemies when Barney makes a hilarious attack ad where he viciously pummels a cardboard cut-out of Homer before special guest star Linda Ronstadt joins the fun to both continue the attack on the helpless Homer stand-in and croon a slanderously accurate, insanely catchy jingle about how “Mr. Plow is a loser/And I think he is a boozer.”
- (dated, chiefly figuratively) Tending to catch or ensnare; entangling.
- a catchy question
- (dated) Consisting of, or occurring in, disconnected parts or snatches; changeable.
- a catchy wind
- Encyc. of Sport
- It [the fox's scent] is […] flighty or catchy, if variable.
instantly appealing and memorable