Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
pursuivant (plural pursuivants)
- (archaic) A follower
- (heraldry) A herald of the College of Arms
- A functionary of lower rank than a herald, but discharging similar duties; called also pursuivant at arms; an attendant of the heralds.
- The herald Hope, forerunning Fear, / And Fear, the pursuivant of Hope.
- (freemasonry) A Grand Lodge Officer who guards the inner door during a meeting of the Grand Lodge
- A royal messenger, (chiefly) one with the authority to execute warrants.
- One pursuivant who attempted to execute a warrant there was murdered.
- (law enforcement, by extension) A warrant officer.