Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To mark with raddle; to daub something red.
- To interweave or twist together.
- To do work in a slovenly way.
raddle (plural raddles)
- A long, flexible stick, rod, or branch, interwoven with others between upright posts or stakes, in making a kind of hedge or fence.
- A hedge or fence made with raddles.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Todd to this entry?)
- An instrument consisting of a wooden bar, with a row of upright pegs set in it, used by domestic weavers to keep the warp of a proper width and prevent tangling when it is wound upon the beam of the loom.