Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The process or art of finding candidates for a post in an organization, or recruits for the armed forces.
- 2019 October, Rhodri Clark, “TfW seeks PRM derogation for Class 37 sets”, in Modern Railways, page 87:
- 'The recruitment of 72 new drivers means that we will have the resource to deliver additional services' said the spokesman.
- A style or process of recruiting.
- 2009, January 7, “Pete Thamel”, in Tebow and Bradford: Different Ways to Reach Summit:
- Tebow's and Bradford's production and leadership are undeniable, but their recruitments, offenses and personalities are vastly different.
- (biology, ecology) The addition of new recruits to a population.
- (physiology) The full aeration of a lung.
- (medicine) A physical condition of the inner ear that leads to reduced tolerance of loudness, commonly occurring in those with hearing loss due to cochlear damage.
process or art of finding candidates or recruits