Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ɛˈkɒlədʒi/, /ɪˈkɒlədʒi/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) enPR: ĕkŏlŏjĕ, IPA(key): /i.ˈkɑ.lə.dʒi/
- Hyphenation: ecol‧ogy
- Rhymes: -ɒlədʒi
- (biology) The branch of biology dealing with the relationships of organisms with their environment and with each other.
- chemical ecology
- cultural ecology
- deep ecology
- ecology block
- restoration ecology
branch of biology
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- ecology at OneLook Dictionary Search
- ecology in Keywords for Today: A 21st Century Vocabulary, edited by The Keywords Project, Colin MacCabe, Holly Yanacek, 2018.
- "ecology" in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 110.
- “ecology” in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.