Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: rédox
- Homophone: redocks
redox (not comparable)
- (chemistry) Describing, or relating to any reaction which oxidation and reduction occur simultaneously
- (rare, chemistry) A reaction in which an oxidation and a reduction occur simultaneously; a reaction in which electrons are transferred.
2001, Robert M. Fenner, The conscientious marine aquarist:
- Can you have too much redox? Definitely.
2009, James E. Brady, Fred Senese, Chemistry: The Study of Matter and Its Changes:
- This will tell us whether redox is occurring, and if so, what is oxidized and reduced.
- (transitive) To subject to a redox reaction.